Arriving in Seoul - Seulki's Family Provide Needed Rest

I arrived at Seulki Kim's house last night. Seulki attended high school for all 4 years of her high school career and lived during most of that time with Dottie and I in our home. She now is a student at BU in Boston. Over the past 6 years Seulki's family and ours have grown close often exchanging gifts at various points in the year. The picture here is a portrait that Seulki's mother drew of one of our granddaughers (Grace) and I.

When I arrived at the KIM home they could see I was exhausted and made plans to take me to resort on the east ocean on the other side of the Taebaek Mountain range. One of the features of the resort is a very large massage pool. This large pool was about half the size of a football field, but with water massage stations throughout. Every station was meant to massage by water a different part of our body. It was simply incredible if not at times somewhat embarrassing. Of course Seulki I had to take in the water slides too, which to me was more fun.

During our stay we also climbed one of the peaks of the Taebaek Mountains. The Taebaek mountains are located to the east of the peninsula and run along the Sea of Japan (East Sea). Hwangnyong Mountain in North Korea with 1268 metres forms the northern end of the range. Busan lies at the southern end of the mountain range. This makes the mountain range a total length of over 500 kilometres, averaging about 1000 metres in height. Prominent peaks of the range include Mt. KÅ­mgang (1,638 m), Mt. Seorak (1,708 m), and Mt. Odae (1,563 m). While near the ocean we went to the fish market to buy fresh squid and octopus and assorted other fish. Seulki’s mom made sushi for us most nights.

Most evening were spent calling A Young, Hae Jin, Yuna Nam, Ji-Yeon Ko and Hoi Young Na trying to set my schedule for next week. I also call A Young’s dad to make sure of my preaching time, which is at 1:30 P.M. on Sunday. I am also having continuing conversations with Larry Li in Beijing,

I appreciated the KIM's good care of me, which provided a little break from the pace we were trying to keep in China.