Travels to Daejeon

My trip to Tokyo, Japan and S. Korea had Hae Jin and I crisscrossing over S. Korea for almost two weeks and then a short trip to Japan meeting with our partners and our students.

On this trip Seulki's parents as well as A Young's and Hae Jin's all made sure I was well taken care of during our travels. Over a period of 12 days Hae Jin and I traveled to six different cities in S. Korea meeting with agencies, students and parents,

Our first stop was in the city of Daejeon, which is south of Seoul. The trip was a two hour car ride through the country-side of S. Korea, where I saw for the first time what I would call "rural" S. Korea. Lots of farms and rice fields and small village with the most modest of houses.
While the purpose of our trip was meeting with students and parents in these various cities a real side benefit was stopping to eat if small traditional Korean restaurants - more like "diners." One of our first meal was something similar to Korean beef barbeque, but uses pork instead. Of course there were a multitude of side dishes, most of which I enjoyed.