Dinner with You Jin Choi's Family

Woke up at 4:00 A.M. to leave at 5:00 A.M. to play golf with A Young dad's, the pastor of the church and a friend of A Young's dad. The Golf club –Century 21 Club is in mountains outside of Seoul. The course has 5 different 18 hole courses with a Membership of $100,000 US dollars. Needless to say the club was plush...attendants, public baths, spa’s, gardens inside of the lockerrooms, restaurants throughout the course….they were prepared for our arrival every 6 holes with a small meal for us.

Got back to A Young’s house (apartment - no houses in Seoul) around 5:00 P.M. and left immediately to meet You Jin Choi’s parents and sister for dinner. You Jin lived with Dottie and I for two years and the Choi's have visited in our home in Dover and we in theirs in Seoul back in 2008. A Young went with me just to make sure I found them and that we could communicate back and forth. Mr. Choi and his daughter’s English was enough to carry on casual conversations, but having A Young there helped a great deal. (You Jin was in Hong Kong and only joined us by phone) Mr. Choi had us all laughing with his humor and teasing. After dinner we went for coffee.

Mr. Choi’s favorite Korean music group is Wonder Girls and he wants me to come back (with Dottie) and when I come back he and I will go to a Wonder Girl’s concert together - A Young was laughing so hard at his suggestion. The Choi’s wanted me to come to their home and spend a day with them, but A Young explained that my schedule just wouldn’t permit it. They asked me to make more time to visit with them when I return, which I promised I would.